new poll

Words are Not Enough, Tag: Arya Tritan
pierre lucette
 Posted: Apr 5 2015, 05:22 PM
Sigyn ! • 160
Lumiere • Seventeen
Beauty and the Beast
Group Icon

Ok, this had been a long time coming, and he’d decided what he was going to say weeks ago by this point. It still didn’t stop the nervousness rising up inside of him though. He really wasn’t looking forward to bringing up the whole ‘Yule Ball’ thing in conversation, even this long after it had happened, and particularly not in the form of an apology. It was a completely justified apology of course, and one he’d been dying to make from literally the day after the Ball.

It hadn’t occurred to Pierre that Adam would invite someone else if I couldn’t bring Belle. He could see now how stupid that assumption had been considering how his friend would have reacted to an outright rejection, and had he not been so focused on his own task, he probably would have heard the gossip that he had a date anyway. And when he’d spotted him near the Slytherin girl during the earlier part of the Yule Ball evening, he’d assumed they were just there as friends. It hadn’t been until the day after the Ball that Pierre had fully understood that he’d brought Arya along as an actual date and then left her to respond to Pierre’s note. And of course Adam would respond, Pierre had sounded pretty urgent in it in his excitement, and Adam would always come to the call of a friend in need. Which made the whole situation entirely Pierre’s fault. As if he hadn’t been feeling bad enough about the whole damn night!

To be honest, Pierre had only really re-emerged from the safety of the Gryffindor common room over the past few days, having locked himself away from the rest of the world after the Yule Ball. He’d barely spoken to people in that time, appearing only for some of his classes (he knew the kitchen elves well enough by now to not have to go to the communal meals if he didn’t want to, and cooking had always soothed him anyway). Recently though, his friends had finally managed to drag him out of his little cycle of depression, and he’d been getting back to his old self. And of course, he still had some unfinished business to attend to.

There was a good chance he wasn’t going to be very eloquent about the whole ordeal considering that despite his outward persona, he was still devastated by what had happened. Oh well, he was usually quite good at making things up on the spot; he’d manage. And the bouquet of roses he’d brought with him as a physical form of his apology would help cover up any awkward silences. Now all that was left was to find her. It was miserable weather so she’d probably be indoors, and since he couldn’t exactly go searching in the Slytherin common room, he decided to try the next most common place for students to hang out.

The Entrance Hall was buzzing with activity as it always was, and Pierre had to slide past people to reach the doors of the Great Hall itself. Once he was in though, he had another huge crowd full of people to sift through before he could find, ah, there she was, the red-headed Slytherin girl sat at the edge of that bench. With one more hesitation at the door, he eventually forced himself forwards towards her, trying to keep his expression neutral and not show the guilt he was feeling inside. “Arya?” he began as he came up beside her, bouquet hidden behind his back (or as best as he could, a few stems might have been sticking out a bit), “May I talk to you for a moment, mon ami?”

Tag: Arya ! | Words: 618 ! | Notes: Just sort of assumed they'd know each other already at least a little bit, since Pierre kind of knows everyone xD
~ Sigyn !
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: Apr 5 2015, 11:38 PM
Mella • 96
Ariel • Sixteen
The Little Mermaid
Group Icon

Bet They Won't Reprimand Their Daughters

Of all the kinds of weather, Arya hated the cold, wind-driven rain the most. Not only was it cold, it was wet. And she couldn't go out and about when she was sick of hanging out in the common room or the library. But it was close enough to dinner that it wouldn't be overly weird if she went to the Great Hall a bit early.

She really was trying to study for potions, but it also was really not working. And she was down to the last of her study food of choice: Honeyduke's Peppermints, that literally made you breathe out snowflakes. She needed another Hogsmeade weekend, if only for peppermints and butterbeer.

Her concentration, already faltering from rereading the same line ten-no eleven-times now, broke at the sound of her name. "Yeah?" Arya looked up to see...Pierre. "Hey! Finally came out of your tower." She hadn't seen him in classes as of late. Not sure why though.

His Frenglish was always endearing...but slightly confusing. Her French lessons at home had been one of the worst things ever, and she barely remembered it. But he said 'mon ami' enough for her to remember.

"Bien sûr, Pierre." God she hoped she had said that right. "What's up?" Arya spotted the flowers. "Who are the flowers for? You need help asking someone something?" As far as Arya was aware, there was no dance or event coming up...except tournament events. But roses...those were special, no matter how you sliced it.

tagged: yo bro | words: lots | notes: so not school uniform...but she was studying! and they are also both sixth years, they are bound to have classes together| Outfit!
credit to janie's got a gun! at RPG-D
PM
^
pierre lucette
 Posted: Apr 6 2015, 01:31 PM
Sigyn ! • 160
Lumiere • Seventeen
Beauty and the Beast
Group Icon

He couldn’t help but smile at her attempt at French, though he was rather tempted to correct her ‘r’. He was always flattered when people did that, when they played along with his odd mix of languages whether they knew any French or not: it was sweet of them to try. He was always slightly tempted to go rambling at them in full French after that though, normally just to see the look on their faces. Although doing his apology in a language Arya wouldn’t understand could be quite useful to be honest…

No, that was cheating. And it almost pained him to hear Arya acknowledge his emergence. He didn’t to explain why if he could help it, he didn’t want pity. At least not until after she’d cursed him or undertaken whatever revenge she deemed necessary; then he might accept the pity. Anyway, no point delaying the inevitable, and she’d spotted the flowers so that was a good way in. “Ah, well actually chérie, these are for you.” He brought them out from their terrible hiding place behind his back and presented them to her, eyes flicking across the surface of the red petals to check they were all still as beautiful as when he’d got them. It had been an entirely subconscious thought to use the flowers that had decorated the Yule Ball’s beautiful garden that night. He’d simply thought about how beautiful they were and how they had always been his favourite flower, but a psychiatrist would probably say something stupid like he was trying to recreate that night. He’d never much liked psychiatrists. “They come with a long overdue apology as well.”

He paused, tossing the words around one last time in his head before giving a small sigh. “I was the reason Adam left you at the Yule Ball. I send him a stupid note telling him he to come and meet me somewhere in the garden as soon as he could. I didn’t know he’d brought anyone but that’s a stupid defence, I should have known that. I’m so sorry I ruined your night, and truly, it was my fault not Adam’s. He’s a great guy; of course he’d come running if he thought his friend was in trouble.” He hesitated again, this time in an attempt to stop himself from rambling on. He had so much more he could say, from further explanation to further apology to ‘miserable weather, isn’t it?’ or some other pathetic topic changer. Better to let her respond to his words in their simplest form before he let the rest of his words fall out of his mouth in a stream of nonsense.

There was one last thing he couldn’t resist saying though. “You can hit me if you want, I deserve it.“ He turned his head slightly, screwing his eyes up in anticipation as he gave her a free shot at his cheek. He hadn’t been particularly specific so she could probably slap him, punch him, even curse him and be within her rights. He was slightly hopeful she wouldn’t though, despite how justified she would be. After all, he’d always rather liked his face…

Tag: Arya ! | Words: 528 ! | Notes: Not sure if she's going to completely buy that none of it was Adam's fault xD
~ Sigyn !
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: Apr 7 2015, 02:37 PM
Mella • 96
Ariel • Sixteen
The Little Mermaid
Group Icon

Okay...guess Arya had been semi-coherent in her two words of french. She either needed to stop trying or actually remember how to speak it properly. One or the other. But the flowers...were for her? "How sweet, merci Pierre." Okay, yep, dropping the french. She'd leave the French to Pierre.

Arya carefully took the bouquet from the Gryffindor and promptly buried her nose in the petals. Roses smelled good, what else could she say?

The better question was, what else could Pierre say. Apology? Apology for what?

That night.

Arya's expression darkened at the mention of Adam. The jerk...There were stronger words she would use to describe the seventh year, but there were firsties walking into the hall now. But...Pierre had sent the owl, with the note that Adam ditched her over. It was him. "It was you?" she whispered.

Arya didn't know whether to be sad or angry at Pierre. It probably showed on her face. He was why Adam left her in the middle of the dance floor. The owl, the note...why she had given up on dancing.

Almost.

Because if he hadn't sent that owl, and sent Adam running, she would have never run into Erik. And just thinking about him made her legs turn to jello.

Pierre had still been talking, and she had heard none of it, although his eyes scrunched shut and his cheek unprotected left little to the imagination. "Pierre," Arya said quietly, standing up and making him look at her. "Open your eyes, I'm not going to hit you."

Was this why he hadn't been in classes for weeks? Gnawing guilt? "It's not your fault about Adam. Well, the owl, yeah, but that's not the point." God, how did she want to say this... "Adam may be a good guy in your eyes...but he was being a supreme dick head long before the owl." Dick head was also not the worse thing she could say, but Arya kept going. "He barely acknowledged I was with him all night, refused to dance, and maybe said ten words in my direction. The owl was just bad timing." he had just given in to a dance...not like he had a choice in the middle of the ballroom.

"Besides," Arya had to smile. Thinking of him literally made her that happy. "It didn't completely ruin the ball. It started something better."

tagged: Pierre | words: lots | notes: rant explains everything | Outfit!
PM
^
pierre lucette
 Posted: Apr 7 2015, 05:44 PM
Sigyn ! • 160
Lumiere • Seventeen
Beauty and the Beast
Group Icon

He visibly flinched at Arya’s whispered response; that probably stung more than a slap would have done, particularly because he couldn’t even work out what emotions were behind her words at this point. And the silence was killing him too to be honest, so he was sort of trapped in limbo for a moment trying to decide which was better, the speaking or the not speaking.

He opened one eye at her words, checking to see it wasn’t a trick before opening the other and looking at her fully. “You really should you know,” he muttered, awkwardly shifting his weight from one foot to the other as he spoke. He wasn’t used to this sort of thing and couldn’t quite work out what to do with his hands now the flowers had gone, so he settled with clasping them loosely behind his back. Her comments about Adam managed to push a small smile onto his lips though. He had to admit, she was probably right with the ‘supreme dickhead’ comment. He was one of Pierre’s best friends but even he could see the Slytherin was… difficult at times. Especially with someone he didn’t know too well, and honestly, the stuff with Belle probably hadn’t helped.

It did bother him that Adam had been so mean though. If this had happened on any other night Pierre would have spoken to him about it, and told him off for not being a gentleman on such an important night. But he really didn’t have the right to criticise Adam’s behaviour that night after his own handiwork had backfired. To be fair though, Arya was a fiery enough personality that she could probably teach Adam a lesson herself. And Pierre didn’t plan on being too close when that finally happened. “I’m sorry he was being such a jerk,” he said, sincerity clear in his voice just in case Adam didn’t apologise himself. He probably would. Maybe he already had? “I don’t want to make excuses for him, but I know he was struggling with the whole Belle thing. But yeah, I don’t imagine he would have been the best date.” If Pierre hadn’t been so distracted, he was sure he would have danced with Arya himself, so that added another little layer of guilt to his current tower. But she seemed surprisingly forgiving about the whole thing, and Pierre was extremely thankful for that.

His ears priced up at her final comment. Oh? That smile… that looked like it was caused by another person… Despite everything, Pierre was still pretty talented when it came to romance, and he always found it easy to spot the tell-tale signs of a crush in another person. He’d been out of the gossip loop for too long now to know who she was thinking about but he couldn’t contain his curiosity. “Oh really? Who’s the lucky monsieur?” Pierre had sworn off helping couples out now, haha, no, never again after what had happened the last time he’d interfered. But there was no harm in just talking about that sort of thing.

Tag: Arya ! | Words: 513 ! | Notes: I think he's surprised she took it so well xD
~ Sigyn !
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: Apr 8 2015, 11:21 PM
Mella • 96
Ariel • Sixteen
The Little Mermaid
Group Icon

Arya dropped her hand once Pierre opened his eyes. "No, I really shouldn't. Although I could slap you upside the head if you want me to." That was more of a 'you should have known better.' There was no way she'd deck him. Not in front of all of these people. And...just definitely not him. No...her anger was still the greatest with the self proclaimed "Beast." Pierre's note hadn't been the full cause of her hurt...it really just had been bad timing.

He was trying to apologize for him. "Then don't. He'll either own up to it, or not. And if he doesn't...well, then someone will be punched." And Arya meant it. Issues with other people or not, it was no excuse to ignore the girl you did end up asking to the dance. Arya saw his face. "No more guilt, dude. It's not healthy." Arya knew that struggle. She knew that struggle every time she opened up the Prophet to the ever shrinking missing ad on page seven, with her picture vanishing every time.

Arya laughed at Pierre's new expression. That made his day, she could tell. "You most definitely know who he is. He's in your house. Same year too." Yeah, she was going to make him guess. And make himself feel better. Erik was good like that: making people happy.

tagged: Pierre | words: lots | notes: It's hard to be mad when you have a face like that...lol, she's saving her wrath | Outfit!
PM
^
pierre lucette
 Posted: Apr 12 2015, 04:28 PM
Sigyn ! • 160
Lumiere • Seventeen
Beauty and the Beast
Group Icon

He flashed a grateful grin at her for not ‘slapping him upside the head’ as she’d so beautifully put it… because that sounded quite painful. Honestly, he couldn’t have been more pleased with the way she was reacting to this. As much as he’d been dreading this conversation, it was probably one of the healthier ones he’d had in a while, and it was really helping him feel better. Even the first flicker of emotions he’d seen from her was good; it meant he hadn’t been completely overreacting to the whole situation. He wanted to just hug her and say thank you, but that didn’t seem really appropriate for the tone of the moment. Hopefully the flowers would give that message well enough.

She was right too; he should leave Adam to deal with the consequences of his own actions rather than try to protect him. But Pierre couldn’t help but defend his friend; after all, regardless of the way Adam had been acting for the rest of the night, the final nail in the coffin had been Pierre calling him away, and though it was a million to one chance, it was possible that Adam would have magically become a good date without the interruption. Ok, that was a long shot, but either way, Pierre wouldn’t be absolved of his guilt quite so easily. Though the empathy on her face was helping, and he couldn’t help but smile back at her. “Merci Arya.”

Of course, they were onto quite an interesting topic now, and the distraction was enough to make Pierre forget his guilt for a while. And the challenge she’d set was too good to ignore. His house, his year; that did narrow it down quite a bit. There was Jason, Landon and Erik that seemed like they could be possible matches. But which one? Jason had the temper to match Arya’s, but he couldn’t see the boy causing a smile like that on the red-head after just one interaction. It would probably take more than one encounter to see his softer side. So Landon or Erik. Tough choice actually. But hey, he’d narrowed it down to two out of a school of hundreds… though admittedly Arya had ruled out most people…

Hang on, hadn’t he seen her talking to Landon once? And this sounded like someone she’d just met. So, it was still a bit of a guess but: “Is it… Erik?” His expression didn’t look particularly confident, but eh, he’d tried at least. "Please tell me it's Erik, I don't think I have the brain power to try and guess again," he added with a laugh.

Tag: Arya ! | Words: 442 ! | Notes: Hehe, Pierre definitely took that as a compliment.
~ Sigyn !
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: Apr 12 2015, 07:33 PM
Mella • 96
Ariel • Sixteen
The Little Mermaid
Group Icon

Smiles. Smiles were good. As long as Arya didn't freak him out. Her appearance could already be a little frightening as is, especially with the way the first years were giving her a wide distance. C'mon guys, music is not scary. And Pierre was still smiling. This was really good. "You're welcome." Arya wasn't even going to try French or Frenglish for that one. Just...no.

Arya's guessing game was having the desired effect on Pierre's mood...at least she thought it did. As long as he wasn't trying to blame himself for everything that had happened. Adam would have to face the music for his actions eventually, but Pierre's owl had been the final straw. There had been plenty of straws before the bird showed up.

She feigned a look of very deep thought for a minute, just to drag out the inevitable. And then Arya's smile widened. "Thought I smelled something baking. Just teasing. It's Erik." She didn't quite talk to the other Gryffindors...except Finn, and Rogue...and Pierre...okay so she did talk to a lot of Gryffindors. Sue her. But not all of them were guys, and not all of them were sixth years. "Erik found me after the Adam thing, and we danced and hung out for a while. He had gotten punch before the veritaserum thing had been fixed though, so..."

His behavior had been odd, and after knowledge of truth serum had spread through the castle like wildfire, it was a highly likely explanation as to what had happened with his mood and chattiness. "Anyways, he's gonna hang out with me at the task, or try to. We'll see." Arya shrugged, and nearly felt herself twirl slightly. Erik after everything that night, was the thing that made her day.

tagged: Pierre | words: lots | notes: Arya's wrath is usually verbal, so you can tell she's ticked if she's gonna be punchy...where would we like to go from here? | Outfit
PM
^
pierre lucette
 Posted: Apr 13 2015, 04:54 AM
Sigyn ! • 160
Lumiere • Seventeen
Beauty and the Beast
Group Icon

Oh crap, he’d got it wrong hadn’t he? She was judging him for his idiocy, that’s what that look was, oh God he really was the King of Fools… Although he was actually rather pleased with that title, but anyway, that’s a different topic. He was about to launch into an apology for getting it wrong when she suddenly grinned and told him he was right. He matched her smile, almost sighing in relief after the tension he’d built up in himself after her feigned hesitation. “Très bien, Erik’s a wonderful guy!” And by the sounds of it he had good timing too.

Though Pierre had been far too busy that night to go anywhere near the punch, even he’d heard about the disaster with the veritaserum. And the fallout of it too of course, the healers getting sacked. Healers out of everyone it could have been. Ironic really, wasn’t it? Anyway, he was lucky to have avoided it by the sounds of things; there had been some pretty big accidental revelations that night.

He grinned again at the red-heads excitement at the prospect of seeing her man again. That was so sweet. The Triwzard Tournament was turning out to be a far more sociable event than he’d expected, forcing all sorts of people together in some fantastic events, and sharing food and stories and more. Pierre had missed the first task itself but had been dragged (well, carried actually) to the after-party of the first task by Adam. It had been Adam’s words and, admittedly, his force that had finally got Pierre out of Gryffindor tower, so maybe he should be thanking the tournament for its help with that too.

“That sounds magnifique, I hear they’re having a Beltane event, non? That should be fun.” But then, Pierre had always been a fan of fire. Not in a disturbing, arsonist type way, just that he’d always had a natural affinity for the stuff. Nothing he couldn’t control though, it wasn’t like he was going to be accidentally setting fire to all the flower crowns and stuff… although, actually, perhaps he’d keep his distance from some of the more dramatic displays…

Tag: Arya ! | Words: 361 ! | Notes: I don't really mind. We can wrap it up here if you want, since I'll be quite sporadic for a while with exams. Or we can just leave them to chat and see what happened, up to you ^_^
~ Sigyn !
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: Apr 17 2015, 01:12 PM
Mella • 96
Ariel • Sixteen
The Little Mermaid
Group Icon

Arya nodded, unable to see anything. She was trying to restrain herself from twirling on the spot. Erik made her happy. He was never harsh or judgmental, and cared about what she talked about.

"I did hear about Beltane...although that's about it. I don't really know what it is, to be honest." It sounded amazing, combined with the Task that was happening that day as well. Arya had no clue outside of 'it'll be a celebration.' That and... "Don't do anything crazy with the fire, though." In respects to magic, Arya was the opposite of Pierre. He liked fire, while the magic she felt best at was water. Yet they got along very well. Opposites did attract, especially considering she was a Slytherin and a large amount of her close friends were Gryffindors.

"Do you know what Beltane is, outside of fire?" Arya was curious. She wanted to know what it was, honestly.

tagged: Pierre | words: lots | notes: idk what to ask though D: | Outfit!
PM
^
pierre lucette
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 09:05 AM
Sigyn ! • 160
Lumiere • Seventeen
Beauty and the Beast
Group Icon

Moving to perch on the edge of one of the hall’s long tables, he crossed one leg over the other and pulled his wand out of his jacket pocket. “I don’t know what you mean mademoiselle,” he said with a grin, a little twitch of the wand creating a flurry of flames in the air between them. They circled Arya for a moment before each disappearing in a little fizzle. It was the only wordless magic Pierre could do, and he wasn’t very precise with it. As fancy as that little display may have looked, Pierre hadn’t had much of a say in its direction. He’d known the flames would be little and harmless, but their circuit had been entirely the magic’s decision, not his. Ah well, it still looked impressive.

In his first year at Beauxbatons he’d had quite a few accidents involving fire, and they’d been fairly common in his second year too. To be honest, even by this stage of his education, he still managed to mess up the harder spells and replace them with various combustible versions. He’d attempted a patronus a couple of months ago, and despite his assertion that the flamethrower he’d created in its place would probably deter the dementor at least a little bit, his friends hadn’t been quite convinced. Other than things like that though, he more or less had the fire thing under control. He was fond of his reputation though – fire was pretty dramatic after all.

And he was planning on showing off a few tricks at Beltane, though just not in the direction of the flowers. That would be bad. But they were meant to have a bonfire or something weren’t they? And Beauxbatons had had some rather fantastic fire displays when he’d been there. It would be nice to show off some of the tricks he’d mastered for the old shows and flaunt them to the Hogwarts students. “I know there’s going to be a bonfire. And flower garlands and stuff. I think it’s a festival but I don’t know much about it.” That wasn’t overly helpful, but it was the best he could do. “Should be fun though. Or different at least, more exciting than classes.” Anything was more excited than classes though…

Tag: Arya ! | Words: 377 ! | Notes: We could just end it here then? Maybe have the two of them go off to the library to research Beltane or something?
~ Sigyn !
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 05:08 PM
Mella • 96
Ariel • Sixteen
The Little Mermaid
Group Icon

"Uh huh, suuure." His next trick only proved her point. Although definitely not crazy or dangerous, Arya didn't dare to move as the flames went around her head like a crown. She knew it was just Pierre, but still...flames that close to her face. And it wasn't her waking up with her hair in front of her eyes. That had been a bit of a wake-up call for the other girls. It's what Arya got for staying up til two trying to finish a potions project.

She smiled as the sparks trailed down as the crown vanished. "Very pretty Pierre." She would have done a comeback with some water, but considering how guilty Pierre had been at the beginning of their conversation, it would have been gauche of her to give him his own little rain cloud mimicking the others outside. Snowflakes had possibilities, but the moment had passed.

"It would definitely be better than double potions." Words were not enough to describe how much she hated that class. It wasn't born out of the teacher, or the people, no. It was the lack of ability she had in doing even the simplest of brews, and the dangerous effects of potions gone beyond the point of saving. That kind of bad.

"Library would probably have something about it. If only the internet worked here." Arya didn't use the internet as much as a Muggle did, but she did like music. And that's where she found it. "Wanna come look with me?" Dinner could wait for a while. She didn't have class that night, not with the rain blocking the stars for Astronemy...and then there was that pesky Potions homework again.

tagged: Pierre| words: lots | notes: sounds good with me! calling this a wrap then.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
new reply
new poll

Skin made by Tana @ Cosmo, Shine, and ATF.

The Beginning We Have Dragons The Omniverse Geek Zone: RPGs and a great community Swan Song
BTW Ages of Arda Once Upon A City
TLBYE