apple, unicorn hair, 9.5 inches

patronus:
Pekingese

face claim:
Scarlett Johansson

other:
list all that apply.
✖ 10 Random Survey Questions

1) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to a random page, give me line 17.
His hand felt heavy and numbing. I didn't consciously keep letting go, except I must have, because he kept reaching. - She's Come Undone - Wally Lamb

2) What’s your astrological sign?
Gemini, June 12th

3) How do you vent your anger?
Most people have a way of "venting" where they bottle it up and then release it either positively or negatively right? There's no bottling it up for me. When I feel something you know it. I don't mince words and I don't bite my tongue.

4) Do you have a collection of anything?
Vinyl records and antique radios.

5) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
Traffic / Jazz Music. Thankfully there's not much of the former in this tiny hamlet and there's as much as I care to have of the latter in my establishment. Let's just say I'm trying out my latest purchase on the record player right now.

6) What’s the last thing you purchased?
Chet Baker Sings album, first edition.

7) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
She's Come Undone, since I just had to find a quote in it. Left arm? A fresh mug of irish coffee. I'm filling this survey out barside and watching the sun come up outside. Trying to wake my mind up and do a few house keeping things before we open for the day.

8) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
Without a doubt. I never forget a face, and I really never forget being fucked over.

9) What would you smell if a batch of Amortentia were brewed in your presence?
Vanilla cupcakes, lemonade, and apple blossoms

10) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
Moving the hell out of France. Despite the rough start I had when I first came to the UK, I'm happy with where I'm at now.

✖ Nine Prized Possessions

+ Chihuahua, ROI
+ Antique radio collection
+ Record player & records
+ The deed and key to her business/home
+ Her wand - she swears the wood smells like apples
+ Her vintage vanity and the following accessories
+ Curlers, pewter hand mirror and brush, powder tin
+ Heirloom Jewelry - stolen from her mother - she only has a strand of pearls with matching earrings left. She had to pawn the rest to get on her feet once she arrived in London four years ago.
+ Shiny walnut upright pianos, one upstairs in her apartment and one downstairs in the bar.

✖ Eight Likes & Dislikes

# Singing
# Making money
# Italian food
# Travelling

# A bad book
# Authority
# Her parents
# Hangnails

✖ Seven Quotes to Live By

"Retire? Not on your life. I have no plans to stop singing. What are you going to do when you love music? It's a terrible disease. You can't stop. Of course, I'd like to get off the road." - Peggy Lee

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance." - Alan Watts

"I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it." - Audrey Hepburn

"If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere." - Marilyn Monroe

"Who would ever think that so much went on in the soul of a young girl?" - Anne Frank

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." - Lucille Ball

"It isn't where you came from, its where you're going that counts." - Ella Fitzgerald

✖ Six Memories

TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL ABUSE

AGE 5
Daddy is at my door again tonight, but I'm just keeping my eyes shut really tight and hoping he doesn't come in. When I peek I can see his shadow under the door and the handle is jiggling but it won't turn. My prayers have been answered. Even though there's no lock on my door he can't come in to hurt me anymore. I'm humming the song I'm playing at my first piano recital tomorrow, "Look For the Silver Lining"

AGE 10
Mommy just told me I'll be going to a real music school next year! It's a boarding school and I'll stay there all year except for Christmas and summers. I'm so excited! This term is almost over, then there are three months here at home - I'll turn eleven in June, of course, but I doubt I'll have a party - and then I'll be packed up to go to L'école de Musique de Paris.

AGE 11
I got a letter today but Daddy wouldn't let me see it. Mommy asked him why and he struck her. I'm grounded. A dove is sitting on my window ledge with another letter in its beak. I don't know what this all means.....okay so I let the dove in and read the letter. It's sitting on my shoulder and I'm going to write them back after I finish this diary entry! Apparently I can do magic. I wonder if I can go to Beauxbatons and still study music? And why did Daddy hide it from me? Oh no he's at the door!

AGE 15
It's my fifth year at Beauxbatons and I still don't know why I'm here. I'm not extraordinary. They could have left well enough alone and just let me keep being normal and study music with other normal kids. I'm managing to pass my classes though. Especially the ones with professors who prefer the hands on approach, and one on one tutoring sessions. Whatever it takes, right?

AGE 17
I'm finally done with school! I'm moving to London. I'm doing it. It's a big step but I don't care, I want to put distance between myself and my past. And I'm not welcome at home anymore now that I'm of age - not that I would want to go back there anyway. I've got it all figured out. Mommy and Daddy are going to a show tonight. I've been told I can come and collect my things while they're out of the house. I'll collect a few of their things while I'm at it and get on the first train out of this nightmare.

AGE 21
Sometimes, when I look back on my life I don't know how I ended up where I did. I don't even know how I survived most days after I left school. Well, I take that back I know I did what I had to do to survive. But look at me now. I was living on the streets the first three months I was even on English soil. And now I'm a respectable owner of a snazzy and popular little tavern in this little town. Witches and wizards of all walks of life are my customers. I couldn't be happier. Well I could but....I mean. Considering where I've been this is paradise.

✖ Five Best Features

^ Her feminine wiles
^ Her baby blue eyes
^ Her stubborn resolve
^ Her singing voice
^ Her business sense
✖ Four Opinions About Her

From a friend:
"When you first meet her you think she's gonna be a load of fun. After all, she owns a place literally overrun with booze. But she's simultaneously got a problem with drinking her profits and then in order to make up for it she focuses all of her efforts on making the business a success. She never really wants to hang out unless it's at the pub and that gets boring fast."

From her Mother:
"Marguerite is dead. She has been for a long time. Please, go away from my home."

From an old Professor:
"She wasn't the best student...but she wasn't the worst. I mean, she got by. From my understanding she was muggle born, so maybe that had something to do with it. Some are exceptions and want to prove themselves and study even harder than their classmates who have an advantage. And others, like her I believe, just show up and go on autopilot, still in shock over the years and in disbelief that magic is a thing. It couldn't have helped that her parents disowned her. What do you mean how did I know her so well? Look are we done here? Or should I call my lawyer? You really should be going now. Goodbye."

From a customer:
"What are you looking for? The code word? I'm surprised she still has that thing in place. I guess she likes the secrecy of it all. She's actually with a guy right now. You might want to come back early tomorrow if you want a fresh go at her. What's that? Oh...you're not here for a romp? Sorry, forget I said anything."

✖ Three Inspired Outfits

beauxbatons pride
the real me
eat your heart out

✖ Two Secrets

TRIGGER WARNING: REFERENCES TO EARLIER ABUSE

- Runs the occasional prostitution ring out of her place when legitimate business is slow going. It's how she fed herself during her darkest days when she first got her start, and a lot of the dirty money went into the buying of the business itself to begin with. It's not exactly something she's ashamed of but it's still not on the up and up so try to keep it quiet would you?
- Was molested by her father throughout her childhood, and raped the night she got her letter. Apparently he was a Squib and had cut off all ties with the magical world since he lacked any ability. He snapped when he realized the ability that had skipped over him had shown itself in her and wanted to punish her and destroy her for it. He's a monster and we don't speak of it often at all.

✖ One Name

In search from A to Z they passed,
And "Marguerita" chose at last;
But thought it sound far more sweet
To call the baby "Marguerite."
When grandma saw the little pet,
She called her "darling Margaret."
Next uncle Jack and cousin Aggie
Sent cup and spoon to "little Maggie."
And grandpapa the right must beg
To call the lassie "bonnie Meg."
From "Marguerita" down to "Meg,"
And now she's simply "little Peg."

CONNECTIONS
X -- As for how her name pertains to the spirit of Peg from Lady & the Tramp we'll do a quick breakdown. Peg/Peggy is a common nickname for the name Margaret from the French, Marguerite meaning daisy, the wildflower. I figured it was best to trace Peggy back to this formal name since she's a bit of a wild flower herself. Keeping with the French name theme I chose Cassandre as it means "she who entangles men" eluding to both the spirit's uncanny adoration for the bad boys and the fact that she's seen both running around with one fella and then once more in the pound as the only girl there besides Lady. As for the surname I was just pondering a list of French names and stumbled onto that one, that made me think of Fontine (Les Miz love!) and I picked it not only for that relation but because the character of Fontine is so tragic. She is forced into prostitution as well and leads a sad life up until the day she dies.

X -- Her wand is apple with unicorn hair core. Apple is the tree of original sin in Christian lore, and of confusion, chaos, and competition in other myths. It bears a desirable, forbidden fruit. More at http://www.unfading.net/apple.html

X -- Patronus is a Pekingese, the type of dog Peg is in the movie.

X -- Face claim is the perfection that is Scarlett Johansson, a woman who faces a little too much focus on her body when she yearns to be appreciated for much more such as her actual talents. I wanted Peg to be a blonde bombshell without being a brainless bimbo.

X -- Peg's design and name was based off of Peggy Lee, a gorgeous blonde singer who had a phenomenal voice and was known for Peg's spotlight song He's a Tramp, as well as her main hit, "Fever". Being a singer myself, I really wanted to ingrain that sultry lounge singer attitude into Peg and give her this deep love and appreciation for everything classic and vintage. With an affinity for Jazz music - my personal favorite as well.

X -- Peg has a brief amount of screen time in the movie, but goodness if she doesn't just steal the show out from under Lady. She's a pound puppy, living on the streets and abandoned by her family if she ever had one. She treats Tramp's getting around with more than just her with a cavalier attitude. She digs him but it's not gonna tear her up inside if he doesn't end up with her. I feel like Peg got around a little herself. She's running around with a bunch of guys and is the only girl in the pound besides the prim and proper polar opposite Lady. So I tried to make this Peg just as rough around the edges with a tragic past that she tries to brush off and roll with. She's still young but she's street wise beyond her years, and has such sad, haggard eyes.

chanteuse , est, melanie & ami

PM
^
Ace
 Posted: May 16 2014, 06:13 PM
• N/A

accepted

Welcome to Amortentia! Your application has been accepted, and you're free to start roleplaying with our other members. Don't forget your claims.
Gosh, Chant, I love your characters! Like I've said, I love her Face claim. I can't see anyone as Peg, better then ScarJo. You personified her so well; gosh, I so love her. I will totally archive Miss Ami for you and I hope to see Peg the Hogwarts Matchmaker around soon!
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
new reply
new poll

Skin made by Tana @ Cosmo, Shine, and ATF.

The Beginning We Have Dragons The Omniverse Geek Zone: RPGs and a great community Swan Song
BTW Ages of Arda Once Upon A City
TLBYE