cedar, dragon heartstring, 13 inches

patronus:
alaskan grizzly bear

face claim:
chris pratt

pet:
flying reindeer. deal with it.
EIGHT QUOTES TO LIVE BY

"I woke up one morning thinking about wolves and realized that wolf packs function as families. Everyone has a role, and if you act within the parameters of your role, the whole pack succeeds, and when that falls apart, so does the pack." - Jodi Picoult

"It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness." - Charles Spurgeon

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." - Margaret Mead

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." - C. S. Lewis

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin

SEVEN PRIZED POSSESSIONS

- mud doll from mama
- pet reindeer
- his gardening tools - even if he's not still the herbology professor he still loves his plants
- ring of keys to the castle
- a gum wrapper from mama
- apparition license. it's nice to not have the muggle worry of the cost of a plane ticket.
- his own actual home for the first time since he was abandoned

SIX LIKES & DISLIKES

+ Homemade bread
+ Hiking in the Forbidden Forest
+ Thunderstorms

- Animal cruelty
- Unruly students
- Small talk

FIVE RANDOM SURVEY QUESTIONS

1) What’s your astrological sign?
Virgo, September 10th

2) How do you vent your anger?
I throw it all into my work and do my best to avoid whatever is causing the anger or annoyance. Avoidance is sort of my thing.

3) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
Chainsaws. Birdsong.

4) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
I don't have the time or energy to waste on people who are bad news. I just write them out of my life altogether.

5) What would you smell if a batch of Amortentia were brewed in your presence?
Honeysuckle - it's my favorite flower and reminds me of summer.

FOUR FAVORITE CREATURES

Hippogriff

Porlock

Flying Reindeer

Phoenix

THREE GUARDIANS

From the head house elf
I come from a colony of freed house elves living in Norway. The laws of house elf slavery are stricter and a bit more vague there and many of us were turned free by owners when they were worried about breaking a law without realizing it. Some of us were miserable, thinking that's what we're for, to serve the Masters. Others were overjoyed, myself among them, and came together to form our own community deep in the woods just in case the Masters changed their minds. We hid from humans for a long time, learning to disguise ourselves as rocks and flora when they were near.

One day a small child came into our midst. We'd heard him crashing through the brush as fast as his tiny legs could carry him. But he found us out instantly. Even at the age of five the boy had a knack for plant life and could tell something wasn't right about the ones in that clearing. He went as far as to try to pluck a flower out of my sister's hair before she gave up and shouted with joy at seeing a human. (She had been one of the loyalists, wanting to stay in the garden of her former wizard hoping he would take her back. Eventually I convinced her to abandon that hope and come with me.) We all watched, terrified that he would scream and cry and run back home and that would be the end of it for us. But he didn't - he just laughed. And she proclaimed she was going to keep him.

And keep him she did. We all did really. His father had been a rough Muggle man and he said he didn't remember his mother. He'd been on an ice fishing expedition with him up on a mountain lake and when he woke up that morning he had been left behind by the cruel man. So he tried to find his way home and that's how he found us and ended up in our woods. He was with us for quite awhile after that and then, out of the blue, a Northern Hawk owl took up residence in a nearby tree. It took us a few days to realize it had a letter. Thankfully one elf's young master had been kind enough to give her lessons and she was considered very wise for being able to read this letter for us. She said it was addressed to Kristoff and told us he had been accepted to come to Hogwarts.

Several elves wanted to go with him, to a country where the laws were lax and they could work for witches and wizards again, but he told them they deserved their freedom, and this was something he needed to do on his own. So he would come back to us in the summer breaks until one day he came back and said he had graduated and wanted to work there as the groundskeeper. And who were we to say no? So his visits are more and more infrequent these days, but he's very successful and we're so proud of him.

From a former professor
I'm going to keep this brief. This is my last day here and I just wanted to submit a quoted recommendation for my replacement. Kristoff is a bright young man, and was one of my best students when he was in school here. He's already doing a bang up job on our gardens and works with me on a daily basis to help prep for classes and so we can put our heads together on ideas for the grounds, and compare composting techniques. Anyway, he's a wonderful boy and he's more than qualified for this position. He knows his stuff and he's trained even more under me during his time as groundskeeper. I have to finish packing but please remember this recommendation when you talk to the headmaster.

From the headmaster
I'm incredibly happy with Professor Isenmester's work so far. He shows great promise and has been a nice addition to the team this term. He'll definitely be back next year after passing this one with flying colors. He is a touch quiet though. He keeps to himself and his reindeer - which is a peculiarity unto itself. I'm still not entirely sure how it came to be in his possession. From what I've heard, some hooligan was trying to be St. Nick and show off to some muggles in Norway when he was back home. Cast a flying charm on the poor animal. The ministry wanted to put it down and had already done a memory erasure on the witnesses. But Kristoff stepped in and said he would take it where no muggle would have a chance of finding it. A very noble thing. He's really full of surprises. Though, hopefully not too many.

TWO OUTFITS

gardening
winter

ONE RANDOM DOSSIER

Kristoff Bjørn Isenmester
Herbology & Groundskeep
Born in Norway
Raised in Norway
Had an absentee Parent
House elves raised him
Came to Hogwarts for school
Was in Hufflepuff
Stayed on after graduation to work
Started out as just the groundskeeper
Promoted to Herbology professor
Switched to CoMC
He likes it even better
Seems to be making progress
Students have no complaints
Has a reindeer, stuck with flying charm
Reindeer has caused no issues
Still pretty strange.
I think they have a psychic connection, because he's always having one sided conversations with it.
- vengeance & the night building a dossier of facts same as all employees

CONNECTIONS
Name: First name is the same as canon, middle name means "bear" and last name means "ice master".

Family: In the movie, Kristoff was left behind and wandered into the woods after an ice harvest trip, and happened upon the trolls. I replaced trolls with house elves badabing bada boom!

Wand: Cedar is a noble tree with fair and generous nature. Usually associated with prosperity and wealth, Cedar can be distinguished from other trees with similar symbolism (such as Maple) by its inner strength and inclination for leadership. This tree is undoubtedly honest and sincere, and is often seen as the embodiment of high moral qualities.

Cedar personifies the wise ruler and reliable guardian, like a king in the time of peace, who dedicated himself not to wars and battles, but to peaceful development of his country. At first sight not as powerful as, for example, Oak, Cedar, however, is not inferior to this wood; the matter is that Cedar's strength is more composed and thus less noticeable. This tree is extremely good protector and defender, and does best in driving off and banishing evil spirits and negative influences. It is also known for its generally positive spirit and for the ability to withstand unfavourable circumstances.

Cedar is all-purpose tree and can be used in various magical and occult practices, but its primarily use is for protection against evil influences. This wood strengthens you spirit, calms unnecessary passions and increases resistance. In addition to that, Cedar is also used for achieving prosperity as wealth, and can help in gaining respect and recognition.

Keywords: generosity, fairness, noble origin, prosperity, wealth, steadiness, resistance, inner strength, wise ruler in the time of peace, guardian, protection from evil spirits, respect and recognition.

Occupation: Kristoff is obsessed with ice, and "ice is my life". It's his bread and butter. It's all he knows, and at the end of the movie he's made official ice master of Arendelle after proving his courage and worth to the kingdom. With a severe lack of ice jobs I decided this Kristoff would be obsessed with GARDENING! ^__^ However, a now disappeared member wanted the position so I gave it to her and switched his occupation so now he's into CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES but he also still enjoys Herbology.

Face: It's Chris Pratt. Just. Okay? that's enough for you.

chanteuse |est| melanie, ami, peg

PMEmail
^
Lark
 Posted: May 25 2014, 03:12 AM
I'M A • 166
LITTLE • twenty-four
TEAPOT
Group Icon

accepted

Welcome to Amortentia! Your application has been accepted, and you're free to start roleplaying with our other members. Don't forget your claims.
PERFECT! And I should know! We just watched Frozen together, after all! Kristoff is going to be an amazing groundskeeper and Herbology professor! Remember to get him in on that Activity Check, though! ;)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
new reply
new poll

Skin made by Tana @ Cosmo, Shine, and ATF.

The Beginning We Have Dragons The Omniverse Geek Zone: RPGs and a great community Swan Song
BTW Ages of Arda Once Upon A City
TLBYE