Blackthorn, Dragon Heartstring, Eleven and Three-Quarter Inches

patronus:
Polar Bear

face claim:
Chloe Bennet

other:
None

PERSONALITY
Straight up, this girl is not the sweet and innocent person you’d assume she is judging by her appearance. Granted, if you’re looking at her that closely, her fist is probably already en route with your face. Anger issues? Yeah. Kind of. Korra is a very confident, take nothing from nobody type of person and will not hesitate to tell people where they can put their ‘suggestions.’ Often people will hear of how stubborn or headstrong Korra can be, as well as a bit impulsive. It’s because she knows what the task at hand is and has a set idea of how she wants it to get done. She’s a hard worker, dedicated to the extreme and will not tolerate laziness. It’s all or nothing with her. She’s a fierce and pugnacious spirit, always has been. Probably why it’s unwise to have in enemy in her.

Typically, Korra is highly independent and hates being vulnerable, which, in her belief, is having to rely on someone else. Granted, she has no problem working with others. Amongst her peers, they know she can pull her own weight and then some. It’s when the underestimating starts that things get heated up. The thing about Korra, is that her special brand of affection looks and sounds a lot like insults and quick, smart-aleck humor. Her defense is up at least 70% percent of the time and can come off as assertive, impersonable and intimidating to some. But honestly, once you get past the tough act as well as the wall of assertiveness and sarcasm, you’ll find one of the most loyal and caring friends. It’s just hard for her to really express her feelings in a controlled manner. When she’s happy, you know, it’s very much how a normal person should act. Very content, smiling at times, almost approachable. When she’s upset, run. Stay out of the way if you know what’s good for you.

HISTORY
Korra was born to a perfectly ordinary family in a large city. From the age of four, strange things would happen around Korra. Soon it became blatantly obvious that the girl was the cause of all the weirdness. Through the years, the family didn’t know what to do. As far as they knew, magic wasn’t real. But yet, it was right in front of them. Korra’s father had started the girl in several activities to keep her occupied. As most magical occurrences happened when the girl was bored or alone. So, he took her to where he knew best. When Korra was about six years old, she was enrolled into kick boxing and later martial arts, with her friends. While Senna, her mother, wanted to put her in more ‘feminine’ activities, Korra’s interests did seem to wander toward her police officer(and later chief) father’s interests.

The girl grew up as more of a tomboy, highly into sports and usually ignoring any and all attempts by her mother to be more of a lady. Even for a ten year old, Korra was highly opinionated. She had been in a mixed martial arts gym for about four years and absolutely loved it. If it weren’t for the fact that it was the only style offered in the area, she might have gone to do Karate. But hey, when your flat was right across the street, why not?

At age 11, Korra received the letter to Hogwarts. Finally some answers to a lot of unanswered questions. After years of diverting attention from her powers, it was time that they really embrace them. Korra was instantly excited. A witch? Her? It was the best thing ever. Her parents had a hard time letting go, but if it was a way for Korra to be safe and learn about her abilities, they would have no regrets. Once at the school, Korra would be sorted into the Slytherin house. In her school career she would get into detention for fights, but yet received top grades. Korra loved everything magic. She loved school. But the people in it? Not always sharing the love.

After school, there was only one career for Korra. Ever since she was a kid, she wanted to follow after her father in law enforcement. Imagine her joy when she found out about the Aurors. She’d been modeling her life to earning this position since her fifth year in school. Three years after graduation, Korra was put on as a trainee, training as Arthur Tenzin’s protegee and working with his partner Lin Beifong. The Auror program did a lot for the girl’s anger issues. Tenzin often worked on helping Korra find a center and gaining patience. It’s still a work in progress.

Even now as a full auror, Korra is still quite young and impulsive. But not to the point where the Ministry doesn’t find her quick-thinking and will to carry out hard tasks useful. She’s extremely hard working and quite a skilled wizard, even by Auror standards, particularly excelling in elemental spells. Korra works as a full-time auror, but has been known to substitute at Hogwarts from time to time whenever needed. She loved her time at the school. It made her who she was and changed her life for the best possible way. It’s basically a way of giving back.

CONNECTIONS
Name: I kept her first name canon and used the source’s father’s name as a last name since none was given. Her auror FTO was kept as Tenzin, the canon first name, and also Lin Beifong, full canon name.

History: I thought since Korra was trained from the time she was little to be the Avatar, someone different than the rest, it would work to make her a muggleborn, making her powers stand out. But since Korra was skilled at bending from an early age, I just took away the bending and kept the martial arts aspect. I thought Auror would be the nice substitute to being the Avatar as she can still help people in that way.

Personality: I tried keeping as close to the canon material, during the beginning of the series when she was learning airbending. I thought that would be a good starting point here as well.

Playby: Chloe Bennet to me looks the part of Korra. With her being half Chinese, it really gave her the coloring and look that I feel Korra could have, despite not being Inuit. Plus she has that strong look and feel to her. The attitude and persona really shines through in my opinion.

Dani , Pacific, Tate-Sam-Brian-Finn-Dick-Belle-Henry-Pascal

This post has been edited by Cait: Jan 9 2015, 03:28 AM
PMEmail
^
korra tonraq
 Posted: Dec 5 2014, 08:38 PM
Dani • 20
Korra • Twenty-Four
Legend of Korra
Group Icon

N/A

Ready for review!
PMEmail
^
Shiny
 Posted: Dec 13 2014, 08:38 PM
Shiny • 69
Shiny • twenty two
bamf
Group Icon

N/A

accepted

Welcome to Amortentia! Your application has been accepted, and you're free to start roleplaying with our other members. Don't forget your claims.
-runs around shrieking- WE GOT A KORRA, WE GOT A KORRA, WE GOT A KORRA! Super excited for this little lady! I mean that in the nicest way possible Korra please don't hit me! Just do your claims and she'll be good to play once sorted!
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
new reply
new poll

Skin made by Tana @ Cosmo, Shine, and ATF.

The Beginning We Have Dragons The Omniverse Geek Zone: RPGs and a great community Swan Song
BTW Ages of Arda Once Upon A City
TLBYE