canon character:
yoko littner

fandom:
tengen toppa gurren lagann

blood status:
muggleborn

member group:
hogwarts staff [alumnus of slytherin house]

professor of a charms course focusing on stealth, serves as a night guard when necessary

wand:
cherry wood, thestral tail hair, 10”

patronus:
rattlesnake

face claim:
alexa poletti

other:
previous status as an assassin but is now on staff at hogwarts, pet rat named boota

PERSONALITY
Yoko is stubborn, calculating, and often hides her true self. Having experienced a lot of loss in her life, she is reluctant to get too close to anyone and is infamously known for having a “kiss of death”- that is, anyone that she has relations with will die tragically. However, once her outer shell is broken she will violently defend anyone that is close to her and will reveal any and all secrets. She gets jealous quite easily, particularly when somebody gains more recognition than her when she thinks that she deserves it. When given a task, she becomes very focused on it and will often set high goals for herself, a trait she picked up from Kamina. Despite seeming harsh to other adults, she can be surprisingly kind and patient with young children due to her desire for a family.

HISTORY
Yoko grew up in a very poor region which was also ravaged by war. As a muggle, by age ten she knew how to work a gun, and due to her small size and her stealth was frequently used as a long-range sniper and was highly valued by the “clan” of refugees she was a part of. Around this time, she also figured out that she had capacities beyond the human and was invited to study at Hogwarts. She thought for sure she would be sorted into Gryffindor for her bravery, but Slytherin chose her for her clever, plan-based thinking and her tendency for a peripheral fighting style. There, she met a persistent Gryffindor boy named Kamina who flirted with her ad nauseum. She rejected his advances hundreds of times before finally admitting that she was in love with him. Their relationship did not last long, as within a week they made a reckless trip into the Forbidden Forest, and he died fighting off a magical beast that attacked them. She was devastated, but remained close with Kamina’s younger brother, Simon, and later a younger student from Beauxbaton’s named Nia. Nia was princess-like and delicate, and everyone loved her, and seemed to be impressed by the most mundane of her actions. Yoko, aggressively jealous, avoided her at first but was finally won over by her sweet nature. After graduation, she joined a wizarding task force and honed her assassination skills. There, she met a man named Kittan who reminded her all too much of Kamina. Looking for what she used to have with him, the two hooked up, and all too soon he was killed in action trying to defend her. A month later, Nia was found to be chronically ill and passed away. During this time, she put her task force on hiatus and began work as a Hogwarts teacher, unable to stay with the violence any longer. There, she assists teaching a Charms course with a focus on stealth.

CONNECTIONS
Her first name, Yoko, is that used in the show. Littner is the name of the village she is from, and although the show doesn't use last names, the fandom tends to treat "Littner" as such.
The TTGL universe begins with a war between humans and beastmen, sentient animals which pilot robots. Humans live underground, Beastmen oppress them and kill them if they come to the surface. Yoko and the Littner Village clan were rebels in this universe, and Yoko was a trained sniper with an enormous rifle. After Kamina and Simon’s village collapsed, Kamina had the idea to completely overtake the Beastmen hierarchy and starts stealing their Mecha robots. Kamina makes advances, Yoko rejects, but eventually admits her love and he dies the next day in battle. After a timeskip, she falls for Kittan who dies shortly after in battle as well. After the war, Nia dies. She and Simon are the only surviving main characters. During the timeskip, Yoko becomes a schoolteacher to small children who idolize her because she looks “just like” a war hero they see in their textbooks. So, I took this story and put the pre-timeskip part of the story and translated it into her time at Hogwarts, and then post-timeskip became her time as an assassin.

The pet rat comes from a pig-mole character in TTGL who belongs to Simon but also spends a lot of time with Yoko (he is often seen in the show sitting in her cleavage).

Both Kamina and Kittan were killed in war, and Nia died because her species homeworld was destroyed, and she disintegrated so I translated that as chronically ill.

maddie, eastern time

PMEmail
^
Chanteuse
 Posted: Apr 9 2015, 01:21 AM
chanteuse • 156
SuperAdmin • twenty-one
Game Of DisneyPotterTrek
Group Icon

Just gonna post a few things to get you back on track. First of all, welcome to the site~ In the app under occupation you should have what her job is at Hogwarts, like what does she do? Her member group would be hogwarts staff. Just put your alias in the bottom part, no need for "character owned by", there's no need for "character:" in the title, the title and subtitle should look like the other applications, the face claim isn't appropriate - I know I saw earlier that you're looking for someone with the exact shade and volume of hair, but we don't expect you to find an exact look alike. Anime hair defies gravity xD Ariel's hair defies gravity but her PB's hair is actually fairly floofless. So tweak these things and then I'll take a look at the app itself ^w^
PMEmailAIM
^
yoko littner
 Posted: Apr 9 2015, 03:10 PM
maddie <3 • 14
yoko littner • twenty-three
gurren lagann
Group Icon

N/A

so, i fixed up her occupation and the formatting things save for the forum title (i dont know how to do that) but i read the rules and it was only stated that they need to be a celebrity. alexa isnt as well known as, idk, candice swanepoel, but she is contracted is a professional. i also liked that she had a softer face and big eyes while also having tattoos, that same cutesy but badass look that suits yoko.
PMEmail
^
Chanteuse
 Posted: Apr 9 2015, 04:09 PM
chanteuse • 156
SuperAdmin • twenty-one
Game Of DisneyPotterTrek
Group Icon

Since Danni and Lark have okay'd the PB I guess there's nothing to be done. Typically I prefer that a quick google search immediately show their body of work and contractage. I really don't like dealing with models in general because anyone can get a contract and post pictures on tumblr and some people consider them models @_@ so it's a lot of gray area these days. She is cute though, I'll give her that. To edit the forum title, click edit, and then click full edit at the bottom of that box that pops up. Then it will bring you to the original page. I'll go ahead and be looking at the actual guts of the application in the meantime. I saw complaints of "nitpicking" in the cbox, but please know that this is standard procedure for the vast majority of forum RPs.
PMEmailAIM
^
Chanteuse
 Posted: Apr 9 2015, 04:24 PM
chanteuse • 156
SuperAdmin • twenty-one
Game Of DisneyPotterTrek
Group Icon

accepted

Welcome to Amortentia! Your application has been accepted, and you're free to start roleplaying with our other members. Don't forget your claims.
She looks fantastic, very unique background story to be certain! If you would like to add in your connections more about the character that isn't canon, such as why her patronus, wand, etc. are what they are, reasonings for the FC, etc. you're more than welcome to. or if there's any sort of character development that takes place over the course of your time here you can tweak it as well. just be sure to let a staff member know of any major changes. now, onward to your claims so you can do what you came here for, roleplaying!
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
new reply
new poll

Skin made by Tana @ Cosmo, Shine, and ATF.

The Beginning We Have Dragons The Omniverse Geek Zone: RPGs and a great community Swan Song
BTW Ages of Arda Once Upon A City
TLBYE